Messi closing on Copa del Rey goals of Puskas and Kubala
As the only top-15 player still plying his trade in LaLiga, Barcelona's Lionel Messi is chasing down those cup goal scorers ahead of him, and Saturday's final is next up.
Sevilla play Barcelona in the 2018 Copa del Rey final and that means another chance for Lionel Messi to add to his domestic cup tally, one that already has him on 47 goals.
Zarra keads the Copa way
The all-time top scorer in the cup is Telmo Zarra from Vizcaya, who scored 81 goals for Athletic Bilbao. Zarra is followed in the scoring list by Samitier (69) and Gorostiza (62). They are the only three players who have passed the seventy-goal mark. Quini, who died two months ago, scored 55 and Puskas and Kubala both notched 49.
As for the goals-to-game record, the Spanish-Hungarian Puskas has had the best return in the competition, with 49 goals in 41 matches.
Top 15 goalscorers in Copa del Rey history
|Di Stéfano||43||57||0,75||Real Madrid/Espanyol|
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA