Messi closing on Copa del Rey goals of Puskas and Kubala
As the only top-15 player still plying his trade in LaLiga, Barcelona's Lionel Messi is chasing down those cup goal scorers ahead of him, and Saturday's final is next up.
Sevilla play Barcelona in the 2018 Copa del Rey final and that means another chance for Lionel Messi to add to his domestic cup tally, one that already has him on 47 goals.
Zarra keads the Copa way
The all-time top scorer in the cup is Telmo Zarra from Vizcaya, who scored 81 goals for Athletic Bilbao. Zarra is followed in the scoring list by Samitier (69) and Gorostiza (62). They are the only three players who have passed the seventy-goal mark. Quini, who died two months ago, scored 55 and Puskas and Kubala both notched 49.
As for the goals-to-game record, the Spanish-Hungarian Puskas has had the best return in the competition, with 49 goals in 41 matches.
Top 15 goalscorers in Copa del Rey history
|Di Stéfano||43||57||0,75||Real Madrid/Espanyol|
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Dak Prescott's net worth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Will Social Security beneficiaries get a fourth stimulus check?
- NFL Patriots vs. Bills live online: Bills extend lead in 4th quarter | NFL Playoffs
- NFL The Steelers activate JuJu ahead of Wild Card date with Chiefs
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end