Chongqing sponsor 'positive' over Iniesta deal
Gong Daxing, the chairman of club sponsor SWM, told China's Xinhua news agency he is "positive on introducing Iniesta".
Andres Iniesta's proposed move from Barcelona to Chongqing Lifan is inching closer, according to the chairman of the Chinese Super League club's sponsors.
The veteran midfielder is widely expected to leave Camp Nou at the end of the season, with China seemingly his most likely destination. Securing the services of the Champions League, LaLiga, World Cup and European Championship winner would represent a major achievement for Chongqing Lifan.
And Gong Daxing, the chairman of club sponsor SWM, told China's Xinhua news agency he is "positive on introducing Iniesta".
"A bonus for our brand"
"Iniesta's arrival would be beneficial for Chongqing and a great bonus for our brand," Gong was quoted as saying.
Barca coach Ernesto Valverde last week claimed Iniesta's departure was not certain, but the 33-year-old Spain international had earlier indicated the team's Champions League quarter-final exit at the hands of Roma could prove to be his last appearance in the competition.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues