N'Zonzi incurs Sevilla fans' wrath by hitting disco after Copa loss
Social media was frothing with indignation after the midfielder decided to have a night on the tiles after Sevilla were thumped in the Copa del Rey final.
Sevilla were completely outclassed in Saturday’s Copa del Rey final, being played off the pitch as Barcelona swept to a fourth consecutive triumph in the competition with a 5-0 victory in Madrid.
After the game, with boos raining down on the Sevilla players from their own fans inside the Metropolitano, captain Sergio Escudero led his side over to apologise to supporters who had made their way to the capital from Seville, but Steven N’Nonzi disappeared straight down the tunnel.
Sevilla fans confront players at Madrid train station
There was more than a little frustration from Sevilla fans on Sunday morning when pictures of N’Zonzi in a Madrid nightclub surfaced.
Sevilla’s players faced another barrage of abuse at Atocha railway station in central Madrid as they boarded a train south, when several supporters confronted the players.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2