'Goal machine' Ronaldo more complete than Messi – Kimmich
Bayern Munich host Real Madrid on Wednesday and Joshua Kimmich is braced to take on "goal machine" Cristiano Ronaldo.
Joshua Kimmich is preparing to go up against the world's most "complete" player in Cristiano Ronaldo when Bayern Munich face Real Madrid.
Cristiano: the "complete" player
Bayern host the Champions League holders in Wednesday's semi-final first leg, seeking revenge for last season's quarter-final elimination.
Ronaldo scored a hat-trick in the second leg of that tie and they will have to pay him close attention once again, with the Portugal star in remarkable form having scored 15 times in 10 Champions League games this season.
And Bayern youngster Kimmich believes such goal-scoring exploits make Ronaldo more of a "complete" player than his Barcelona rival Lionel Messi.
"When it comes to goal quotas, Ronaldo is in the lead," Kimmich told Bild. "Especially with regards to the goals in the Champions League.
Glad to witness Messi and Ronaldo
"Messi is a completely different type of player. Ronaldo is perhaps more complete in terms of skills themselves.
"Messi is more a dribbler, Ronaldo the final player. I cannot say this one or that one. I am glad that I am allowed to witness both.
"Such a player as Ronaldo, you can only turn off as a whole team anyway. He is a goal machine, which has an insane goal quota. We have to make sure that he cannot continue his run."
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops