Germany submits Euro 2024 bid dossier
The German Football Association's (DFB) bid to host Euro 2024 has been submitted, with UEFA only expecting competition from Turkey.
UEFA has received the Euro 2024 bid dossier put together by the German Football Association (DFB).
Germany look to host Euro 2024
The DFB announced its decision to submit a bid in March 2017 and have handed their book over to UEFA three days before the deadline.
UEFA expect the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) to submit a rival bid later in the week.
Former Germany captain Philipp Lahm played for his country when they last hosted an international tournament, the 2006 World Cup, and is now an ambassador for the DFB's bid.
@DFB_Praesident Reinhard Grindel. General Secretary Dr. Friedrich Curtius, @philipplahm & Celia Sasic have delivered the DFB's bid book for their #EURO2024 application to @UEFA! #UnitedByFootball— United By Football (@UBF_EURO2024) April 24, 2018
Full story: https://t.co/MSNGCbkODe pic.twitter.com/C82hJaKvN2
And he counted Germany's "cosmopolitan" culture, as well as their modern stadiums, among the strongest points of the bid.
"As a player, I took part in the 2006 World Cup in Germany," Lahm told UEFA.
"I am certain that we will once again feel great enthusiasm and create a new spirit of solidarity at UEFA Euro 2024. We are cosmopolitan hosts, we have modern stadiums and good infrastructures.
"Football is at home with us. I know that Euro 2024 will be a great football festival for everyone in Europe – because we are all 'United By Football'."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"