Alaba misses training; Heynckes could use Rafinha at left back
The Austrian international pulled up during Bayern's final session with a recurrence of a thigh issue and could be out for the match against Real Madrid.
David Alaba suffered a recurrence of a thigh problem during Bayern Munich’s training session on Tuesday morning and is a doubt for the Champions League semi-final first leg game against Real Madrid at the Allianza Arena.
The Austraian international limped out of last week’s DfB Pokal victory over Bayer Leverkusen and missed Saturday’s game in Hannover. He had been on track to recover in time to face Madrid but that now looks unlikely.
If Alaba is unavailable, Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes will draft veteran Brazilian right back Rafinha to fill on the left, where he has made 19 appearances for the Bundesliga club this season.
Also absent for Munich’s training session on Tuesday were Manuel Neuer, who is nearing a return from a long-term injury, Arturo Vidal, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season, and Kingsley Coman.
Possible Bayern XI for Real Madrid
Sven Ulreich; Joshua Kimmich, Mats Hummels, Jerome Boateng, Rafinha; Javi Martínez, James Rodríguez, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery; Thomas Müller, Robert Lewandowski.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement