Ancelotti close to Italy job with salary the only sticking point
The former Real Madrid manager is waiting on a potential offer from the Premier League but Italian newspapers believe Ancelotti is close to managing Italy.
Italy want to put a world class manager in charge of their team after the failed attempt to get to the World Cup under the watch of Gian Piero Ventura. Roberto Mancini was the favourite but Carlo Ancelotti has emerged as the favourite to take over after a meeting between the former Real Manager and Italian Football Federation directors Roberto Fabbricini and Alessandro Costacurta.
It is the second time in the last month that the two parties have met with Olympic Committee president, Giovanni Malagó also being in favour of Ancelotti to take over. The 58-year-old is a little hesitant, however, and is not convinced with the offer. He is considering his options and wants to potentially return to the Premier League with the Arsenal job amongst the oportunities he would consider.
Roberto Fabbricini confirmed the meeting but said, "it was just time for a coffee and we didn't speak about numbers. However, I think that he likes the idea of being the national team manager." Il Corriere dello Sport ran with a headline "Carlo Azzurro" and said that "just the economics of the deal are missing" as it seems Ancelotti is close to a deal with side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds