Hernández Hernández will ref Clásico in Camp Nou on May 6
There might be some tension lingering over the most recent guard of honour row as Hernández Hernández is announced as referee for the Clásico.
Alejandro José Hernández Hernández, from Las Palmas, will direct proceedings in the Clásico at the Camp Nou on the 6 of May in La Liga.
Barcelona are just one win shy of winning the league title back from Real Madrid, who won the title last year. There has been some controversy regarding what will happen should Barca beat Depor this weekend as Zinedine Zidane has made the decision not to do a guard of honour for Ernesto Valverde's side.
Fresh off their Club World Cup win, Barcelona refused to do a guard of honour for Real Madrid in the Clásico in December because they didn't compete in the competition. The game might be a dead rubber once it kicks off but there will be lots of tension as the game between the eternal rivals tends to take on a life of its.
Depending on how Real Madrid go in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich, they might be playing for places and to keep momentum while Barcelona's season could be finished at that stage if they do seal a win over Clarence Seedorf's side at the weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash