Gilberto Silva praises Iniesta's "beautiful play"
Former Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has praised Andrés Iniesta's 'beautiful way to play' after he confirmed he's leaving Barcelona.
Brazil's World Cup winning midfielder Gilberto Silva has heaped immense praise onto Andrés Iniesta, stating it's "easy to enjoy" the 33-year-old's style of play. Iniesta confirmed on Friday that he will leave Barcelona at the end of the season after winning eight LaLiga titles, six Copa del Rey and four Champions League crowns. Gilberto, who won the Premier League title during his time with Arsenal, was full of praise for the scorer of Spain's World Cup winning goal in 2010, dubbing him a master.
Iniesta makes it look so effortless, so easy
"It's amazing. Iniesta, he's like a master of the game in the middle of the park, and the way he plays, the ability, it looks so easy for him. Maybe not (easy) for me to play the way he plays," Gilberto said, speaking at the Tokyo leg of the FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour by Coca-Cola. "But he's the kind of player- you don't need to support Barcelona and maybe you don't need to enjoy football a hundred per cent. But if you see the way he plays, it's so easy to enjoy the way he does things. Very nice and beautiful way to play football."
Barcelona close to winning the league
Iniesta – who has been linked with a move to the Chinese Super League - could clinch his ninth LaLiga trophy tomorrow when Barça travel to Deportivo La Coruña.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash