Bale was onside - just
The Welshman was on the edge of the six-yard box to capitalize on a rebound to beat Cuéllar with an acrobatic finish despite protests from Leganés.
The first controversy occurred just seven minutes into this evening's game at the Bernabéu. Gareth Bale opened the scoring for Real Madrid amid protests from Leganés players that he was in an offside position.
Bale first to rebound
In the move that led to the goal, Benzema's shot was blocked and the rebound fell to Bale, who was waiting on the edge of the six-yard box and beat Cuéllar with an acrobatic finish. The Welshman was marginally onside when the play was played.
With his opener against Leganés, Bale takes his league tally to 12.
Mayoral's goal was also legal
There were more protests from the visitors at the end of the first half when Borja Mayoral doubled the lead. Mayoral looked to be a good yard offside when Mateo Kovacic whipped in a cross from the left but he took a couple of steps forward when the ball was played and was perfectly placed when the ball skimmed off Bustinza's head, landing right at his feet to leave him an easy tap-in.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash