Salah to face no action over Martins Indi clash
Mohamed Salah has not been charged for an incident with Bruno Martins Indi during Liverpool's stalemate with Stoke City.
Liverpool's Mohamed Salah will face no action over his clash with Stoke City's Bruno Martins Indi in Saturday's 0-0 draw.
FA review says no violent conduct from Salah
Salah, who leads Tottenham's Harry Kane by four goals in the race for the Premier League's Golden Boot, could have faced a three-match ban had he been charged after appearing to swing an arm towards Martins Indi as they competed for the ball after a throw-in.
But the Egypt international made no contact with Martins Indi and the FA confirmed to Omnisport that a panel of ex-referees decided it was not an incident of violent conduct following a review of the footage.
Salah has scored 31 Premier League goals to Kane's 27, with the latter adding to his total in the Monday night game when Spurs hosted Watford.
He scored twice last week as Liverpool beat his former club Roma 5-2 in the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals. Liverpool will look to ensure progression in Wednesday's return leg in Rome.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest