Atlético close to signing Celta Vigo full-back Jonny
According to SER, the 24-year-old is Atlético's preferred choice as an alternative to Bayern Munich's Juan Bernat and Valencia's José Luis Gayá.
Atlético Madrid are interested in signing Celta Vigo left-back Jonny, according to SER.
Bernat and Gayá prove elusive
The Galician full-back, who has represented Spain at Under-21 level, is an alternative to Valencia’s José Luis Gayá and Bayern Munich’s Juan Bernat. Atlético made an approach for Gayá but were knocked back by his club.
Jonny would arrive after a season of strife for Diego Simeone in the full-back positions. The Argentine coach has not been able to rely on Filipe Luis on a regular basis, while Thomas Partey has had to deputise at right-back.
Jonny’s ability to play on both flanks would therefore be a significant advantage.
The 24-year-old is under contract at Celta until 2019 and the club may opt to sell him this summer to avoid losing him for nothing the following year. He has played 37 times this season, contributing two goals and one assist.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up