Former South African midfielder Bheka Phakathi passed away in car accident
Former South African midfielder Bheka Phakathi passed away in a car accident on Sunday morning, he was 43 years old.
According to the football magazine Kick Off, the retired footballer suffered the accident while he was on his way to training with ABC Motsepe League club Umvoti, where he was coaching.
Condolences to the family of the former Golden Arrows and Orlando Pirates player Bheka Phakathi who passed on today. pic.twitter.com/UiIHxsj8YJ— Official PSL (@OfficialPSL) 29 April 2018
Rest in peace Bheka
His former club, Orlando Pirates, with which he played between 2002 and 2005, confirmed the news on its website.
'On behalf of the entire Orlando Pirates family we would like to convey our deepest and heartfelt condolences to the Phakathi family and supplicate that God provides comfort in this time of pain,' the Johannesburg side stated.
He also played for Golden Arrows and Maritzburg United.
Umvoti, the club Phakathi was coaching, had just won the ABC Motsepe league title under his mentorship. The team is set to contest the playoffs for a spot in the National First Division next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher