Jesé Rodríguez leaves Stoke City on compassionate leave
The PSG loanee will not play again for the Premier League side this season, as he has been granted unpaid compassionate leave to be with his ill son.
Stoke City have confirmed that Jesé Rodríguez will not play for the club again this season as he has been granted unpaid compassionate leave.
Jesé to spend time with his son
The 25-year-old has been travelling between England and the Canary Islands to spend time with his ill son, which made it difficult to gain the necessary consistency to make an impact in the Premier League. He was linked with a move to Las Palmas in January to be closer to his family, but that did not materialise.
Jesé featured just nine times for Stoke in the league - scoring one goal on his debut against Arsenal - and has not played since March.
As Jesé is on loan from PSG until the end of this season, this announcement effectively ends his spell with the Potters. The former Real Madrid forward still has three years remaining on his contract in Paris, but personal matters will be his priority for now.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats