El Transistor are sure that Real Madrid will sign a keeper this summer
José Ramón de la Morena believes that Kiko Casilla will leave this summer and says that Real Madrid will need a goalkeeper with Thibaut Courtois on the list.
According to José Ramón de la Morena on El Transistor on Onda Cero, he is "sure that Real Madrid will sign goalkeeper next season." Meanwhile, the future of Keylor Navas as the Real Madrid keeper is in the air despite some excellent performances recently. The same show is sure that Kiko Casilla will look for a new home given his lack of opportunities.
That does not mean that the Costa Rican will lack competition, however, and according to reports, Thibaut Courtois will return to Madrid to play at the Santiago Bernabeu. Reportedly, the Belgian has informed Chelsea that he wants to sign for Real Madrid and he does not want to renew with the Premier League side. That means he would potentially leave for free next summer and Chelsea will try to avoid that from happening.
If Chelsea do decide to allow Courtois' contract to expire, Navas would be the number one for another year. If Casilla leaves though, it would mean Real Madrid have to sign a back-up keeper. According to De La Morena, "Courtois has told Chelsea that he is willing to continue for another year before leaving on a free next year."
Recommended in English
- NFL The Rams change ticket policy to restrict 49ers fans ahead of NFC Championship game
- NFL How did the Los Angeles Rams get their name? Origin and meaning
- NBA NBA round-up: Suns equal best-ever start, Garland matches LeBron in Cavs win
- NBA Lakers at Nets: times, TV and how to watch online, NBA 2021-22
- NBA NBA: Nets vs Lakers – injury news
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"