Frank Lampard says he's ready for management
Frank Lampard, 39, talked up his readiness to manage, having been linked with the vacant Ipswich Town post.
Former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard said he is ready to step in to management as Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard closes in on his first foray into the managerial world. A Premier League and Champions League winner during an illustrious playing career, Lampard is gearing up for life on the touchline – the 39-year-old undertaking his coaching badges at Chelsea.
Lampard has been linked with the vacant Ipswich Town post following Mick McCarthy's departure from the Championship side. He talked up his readiness to manage as the ex-Manchester City midfielder backed Gerrard to succeed at Rangers amid ongoing talks to join the Scottish giants.
"I'm doing my coaching badges at the moment. I've spent a lot of time at Chelsea this year, gaining hours of experience," Lampard said today. "I've already managed to get my A Licence in coaching. So yes, with the right opportunity and right timing for me, I'd really take a very close look at it, because you do want to give back, show you can help try to develop players, and help them tactically and whether you can be a good man-manager. And I certainly think Steven [Gerrard] will make a success of it. I've known Steven a long time, he's a serious thinker about the game. I work with him now, and his analysis and extent of knowledge about the game is huge. He'll be a great acquisition for anyone to take on. And good for him, it's what he wants to do and I think he'll be very good at it. The FA are working much more closely now with ex-players to try to get them into their coaching badges. I think we had some barren years when the help wasn't there, and players went away from the game. But now I think they're trying to help players go straight into getting their coaching badges."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?