Iniesta: Chongqing offer €81m for three-season deal
The CSL side are prepared to break the bank for the Barça captain, and will offer 50 percent of his image rights and buy six million bottles of his wine.
According to reports in the Catalan media, Chongqing Dangdai Lifan are preparing an eye-watering offer to tempt Andrés Iniesta to join the CSL club on a three-year deal that would net the Barcelona captain 81 million euros in salary alone.
El Mundo stated that the side managed by Paulo Bento are also prepared to cede 50 percent of Iniesta’s image rights back to the player and to buy six million bottles of the wine he and his family produce at his Bodega Iniesta vineyards in Fuentealbilla.
However, the same source reported that Iniesta is still considering his options after announcing he will leave the Camp Nou at the end of the season.
Chongqing "confident" of sealing Iniesta deal
Chongqing Dangdai Lifan chairman Jiang Lizhang has a 60 percent stake in Serie B side Parma and owns Spanish Segunda División side Granada.
Iniesta last year visited Chongqing, where he promoted his academy and took part in a series of promotional events, leading one of the CSL club’s leading sponsors to express their confidence that the World Cup-winner would be making the move when he leaves Barcelona.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass