Iniesta: Chongqing offer €81m for three-season deal
The CSL side are prepared to break the bank for the Barça captain, and will offer 50 percent of his image rights and buy six million bottles of his wine.
According to reports in the Catalan media, Chongqing Dangdai Lifan are preparing an eye-watering offer to tempt Andrés Iniesta to join the CSL club on a three-year deal that would net the Barcelona captain 81 million euros in salary alone.
El Mundo stated that the side managed by Paulo Bento are also prepared to cede 50 percent of Iniesta’s image rights back to the player and to buy six million bottles of the wine he and his family produce at his Bodega Iniesta vineyards in Fuentealbilla.
However, the same source reported that Iniesta is still considering his options after announcing he will leave the Camp Nou at the end of the season.
Chongqing "confident" of sealing Iniesta deal
Chongqing Dangdai Lifan chairman Jiang Lizhang has a 60 percent stake in Serie B side Parma and owns Spanish Segunda División side Granada.
Iniesta last year visited Chongqing, where he promoted his academy and took part in a series of promotional events, leading one of the CSL club’s leading sponsors to express their confidence that the World Cup-winner would be making the move when he leaves Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?