Griezmann played 25 minutes with a deep head wound
The Atlético forward tried to tell Italian match official Gianluca Rocchi that he was wounded - without success, so he continued playing.
Antoine Griezmann played 25 minutes of tonight's semi-final against Arsenal with an open wound at the back of his head after being elbowed by Calum Chambers. The Atlético forward tried to tell Italian match official Gianluca Rocchi that he had a cut which was bleeding - without success, so he remained on the pitch and continued playing.
Griezmann plays in Costa for the opener
Despite that collision on 22 minutes, the game carried on as normal and with no further incidents of note. Griezmann had one chance to score which he misses but made amends by providing the through ball for Diego Costa to put Atlético ahead in stoppage time at the end of the first half.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds