Griezmann played 25 minutes with a deep head wound
The Atlético forward tried to tell Italian match official Gianluca Rocchi that he was wounded - without success, so he continued playing.
Antoine Griezmann played 25 minutes of tonight's semi-final against Arsenal with an open wound at the back of his head after being elbowed by Calum Chambers. The Atlético forward tried to tell Italian match official Gianluca Rocchi that he had a cut which was bleeding - without success, so he remained on the pitch and continued playing.
Griezmann plays in Costa for the opener
Despite that collision on 22 minutes, the game carried on as normal and with no further incidents of note. Griezmann had one chance to score which he misses but made amends by providing the through ball for Diego Costa to put Atlético ahead in stoppage time at the end of the first half.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?