Liverpool: Champions League 17/18 winners according to UEFA
European football's governing body published a post in error on their homepage proclaiming Jurgen Kopp's side as UCL winners.
Real Madrid fans may feel slightly aggrieved this morning after the Uefa.com portal published an image claiming that Liverpool are the winners of the 2017/18 Champions League.
The error which appeared in both the English and Spanish language version of the site featured a montage of various players from both finalists including (Kroos, Cristiano, Ramos, Salah, Van Dijk and Firmino) along with the text: "Season 2017/18 Winner Liverpool" accompanied with the shield of the Anfield based outfit.
The mistake was soon rectified by the Nyon based organisation as the countdown to the biggest game in European football in Kiev looms on the horizon.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats