Porto end Benfica's run as Portuguese champions
The Eagles had won four successive titles but their dominance ended after Saturday's draw against Sporting with Porto crowned the new champions.
Porto dethroned Benfica as Primeira Liga champions after the latter played out a goalless draw with fellow Portuguese title rivals Sporting CP.
Benfica had won four successive league crowns but their dominance came to an end following Saturday's stalemate against Sporting as Porto were crowned champions without kicking a ball.
The draw in Lisbon – where Benfica hit the woodwork twice in the first half – left both teams four points adrift of Porto, due to play Feirense on Sunday, with one round remaining.
It capped a successful first season in charge for Porto head coach Sérgio Conceição, who delivered the Primeira Liga crown back to Estadio do Dragao for the first time since 2012-13.
Meanwhile in Russia, Lokomotiv Moscow sealed their first league title since 2004 with a 1-0 win over Zenit.
An 87th-minute goal from Portuguese forward Eder ensured Lokomotiv cannot be caught by Spartak Moscow, who are four points adrift heading into the final matchday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series