Atlético tracking Freiburg centre-back Çaglar Söyüncü
Andrea Berta has set his sights on the 21-year-old Turkey international and has contacted the player's agent, Mustafa Dogru.
Atlético's plans to rejuvenate the squad look set to continue this summer. Technical Director Andrea Berta has produced glowing reports of Çaglar Söyüncü, a young centre-back who has impressed with Bundesliga outfit Freiburg. Berta contacted the player's agent Mustafa Dogru to find out about the defender's situation. Despite his young age, Çaglar Söyüncü is already an international with Turkey, with a reputation for being a strong central defender with good aerial ability.
Monaco and Arsenal tracking Turkish defender
Berta has informed Atleti that Monaco and Arsenal are also following the player with Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea reported to be interested. Söyüncü joined Freiburg from Turkish Second Division side Altinordu - the same club which groomed Roma star Cengiz Ünder. Atlético won't open negotiations with Freiburg until the end of the season, as the Bundesliga outfit are currently preoccupied with staying in the division - they are three points above the drop zone in 15th.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history