El Clásico team news: bbC back for Madrid, Iniesta starts
Andrés Iniesta starts at Camp Nou in his last ever Clásico, while Zidane hands Gareth Bale a chance to consolidate a place ahead of the Champions League final.
Andrés Iniesta starts and the bbC are back as Barcelona host Real Madrid in an end-of-season Clásico. Barça have the LaLiga title wrapped up, but there is still plenty to play for.
Barcelona team news
Andrés Iniesta will play in his last ever Clásico. The iconic midfielder, who has announced that he will leave Barcelona at the end of the season, has been struggling with a calf injury. Ernesto Valverde was coy when asked about Iniesta's fitness in his pre-match news conference but he is fit to bid farewell to Camp Nou.
Sergi Roberto is favoured at right-back while Coutinho starts ahead of him in midfield. Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez take up their usual positions in attack.
Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen; Roberto, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba; Coutinho, Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Suarez.
Subs: Cillessen, Semedo, Denis, Dembélé, Paulinho, Alcácer, Vermaelen.
Real Madrid team news
Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Karim Benzema start together in attack as Zinedine Zidane brings the bbC trident back together for the first time in a Clásico since the dramatic 2-3 at the Bernabéu in April 2017.
Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, and Casemiro make up the midfield, while Nacho will play at right-back in the absence of Dani Carvajal. Raphael Varane will partner Sergio Ramos at the heart of defence after making a comeback from injury.
Isco did not make the squad after he failed to recover from a shoulder injury picked up in the Champions League semi-final against Bayern. Dani Ceballos took his place in the squad.
Real Madrid XI: Keylor Navas; Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Kroos, Modric; Bale, Benzema, Cristiano.
Subs: Subs: Casilla, Vallejo, Theo, Lucas, Asensio, Kovacic, Ceballos.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history