Xabi Prieto will appear on Real Sociedad badge against Leganés
Real Sociedad will pay tribute to their captain with a one-off special badge for the LaLiga match against Leganés on Saturday.
“Xabi has always worn the La Real badge. Now, La Real will wear him on the badge,” announced Real Sociedad in a statement regarding the LaLiga fixtures against Leganés at Anoeta on Saturday.
Xabi Prieto final hurrah with La Real
The tribute will coincide with Xabi Prieto’s final home match for La Real after 15 years and 529 appearances. Anoeta will also pay tribute to 32-year-old Carlos Martínez, another one-club man whose playing career at Real Sociedad will reach a conclusion at the end of the season.
Unfortunately, Prieto, 34, has been out of action since February with a hernia and may not be able to feature. Neither Prieto nor Carlos Martínez have trained with the group, and may be forced to be spectators of their own big day.
Leganés will also play their part in honouring Prieto’s career. Los Pepineros were due to wear their home shirt at Anoeta with La Real donning the second strip, as a result of the teams switching kits before the reverse fixture at Butarque. Leganés have agreed to wear their away shirt anyway, so Prieto and Martínez can make their final bow in the traditional blue-and-white.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is the salary of a special teams coach in the NFL?
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich