Buffon hit with UEFA charges after Madrid fury
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon's incendiary reaction to Champions League elimination at Real Madrid means he will face UEFA action.
Gianluigi Buffon has been charged by UEFA following the Juventus goalkeeper's red card and subsequent furious reaction during last month's Champions League quarter-final defeat to Real Madrid.
The Juventus shot-stopper lost the plot during and after Real Madrid's victory over the Italian side in the Champions League quarter-final. Referee, Michael Oliver, awarded Real Madrid a penalty late on in the game when Mehdi Benatia bundled Lucas Vazquez over in the box. Cristiano Ronaldo converted the penalty and los Blancos won the tie 4-3.
Buffon said Oliver "has a rubbish bin where his heart should be" after the game. Buffon was praised by some with many suggesting there was no other way to react including manager Massimiliano Allegri. Others, such as Alessandro Del Piero, were critical of the keeper in what might have been his last ever game in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?