Busquets wants a pay rise from Barcelona as promised
According to the Catalan press, the midfielder wants a pay rise as promised with Manchester City and PSG interested in the 29-year-old's services.
Sergio Busquets' importance to Barcelona can not be understated. The defensive midfielder signed a new deal in 2016 but he has requested a renewal as promised by the Barca board and Manchester City and PSG are interested in the player.
That's why Josep María Bartomeu will have no other option than to thrash out a deal with Samuel Umtiti and then tend to negotiations with Josep María Orobitg, Busquets' agent. Andre Gomes was considered a player who could replace the 29-year-old but it looks like he will leave in the summer and Busquets has a very strong position when negotiations open.
This is the story Mundo Deportivo report in Tuesday's publication. The Umtiti issue is raised in the newspaper and Barcelona will have to reinforce the position after Yerry Mina and Thomas Vermaelen were picked out as weak links following the La Liga loss to Levante on Sunday. Clement Lenglet remains the main man linked but Sevilla are unwilling to even consider dropping the €30 million release clause in the French defender's contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother