Santi Cazorla on the verge of rejoining Villarreal for 2018-19
The former Spain international, who is out of contract at Arsenal, will train with Javi Calleja's side in pre-season ahead of a potential one-year deal.
Santi Cazorla will train with his old club Villarreal during pre-season it has been confirmed, with the offer of a one-year contract at the Cerámica on the table if the former Spain midfielder suffers no ill-effects from his lengthy injury lay-off.
Cazorla has been on the sidelines for two years, undergoing no fewer than 11 operations on an Achilles tendon injury but after 18 months of rehabilitation the 33-year-old is fit again and looking for a club for next season after Arsenal elected not to renew his contract, which expires this summer.
Senna confirms Cazorla return for pre-season
The announcement was made on Spanish broadcaster Movistar after Villarreal’s game against Real Madrid on Saturday, with club ambassador Marcos Senna telling reporter Mónica Marchante of the arrangement.
Villarreal president Fernando Roig has been in discussions with Cazorla for some weeks in a bid to persuade him to return to the club where he made his name during two spells from 2003-06 and 2007-11.
Cazorla is now expected to join up with Javi Calleja’s squad for the club’s pre-season programme and is all goes well he could return to LaLiga with the Yellow Submarine for the 2018-19 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan