Cristiano Ronaldo's diet for Champions League Final
Head chef of the Portuguese national team gives an insight into the well-balanced diet of Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of the Champions League Final on Saturday.
Cristiano Ronaldo's preparations for the Champions League Final in Kiev are no doubt well underway.
And one of the most important things for the Real Madrid striker is having a strong, yet relaxed, mindset and a body prepared for battle. So when it comes to food, it will come as no surprise that CR7 maintains a well-balanced diet rich in proteins.
The odd glass of wine
The Business Insider has spoken with head chef of the Portuguese national team, Luis Lavrador, who knows first-hand how the Real Madrid striker eats and looks after himself.
According to Lavrador, the 33-year-old's diet consists of fresh fruit, whole-grain cereals, lean meat, fish and the occasional glass of wine.
Isotonic drinks and swordfish
During training and matches, Ronaldo keeps hydrated with special isotonic drinks, which contain less sugar than the common brands found on the shelf, a mix of carbohydrates to improve resistance, electrolytes and vitamin B12 to combat fatigue.
Lavrador also emphasized that, like any good Portuguese, the Madeira man eats a wide variety of fresh fish, with bream, swordfish and turbot being some of his favourites. Meat is also features on his dinner plate, particularly grilled meats accompanied by a fresh salad.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery