Mauricio Pellegrino to meet Leganés over vacant managerial post
The Argentine coach, sacked by Southamption in March, will visit Leganés on Thursday in order to make a final decision on his future.
Mauricio Pellegrino will meet with Leganés on Thursday to discuss taking over from Asier Garitano as the coach of the LaLiga club.
Pellegrino needs convincing
Leganés have pursued Pellegrino - who was dismissed by Southampton in March - for two-and-a-half weeks since Garitano confirmed that he would be leaving the club. Yet Los Pepineros remain unconvinced of Pellegrino’s attraction to the project on offer, and want to use this face-to-face meeting to gauge the Argentine’s interest.
Pellegrino feels obliged to meet with Leganés given their sustained interest. The financial package on offer, however, is currently below his expectations.
Jagoba Arrasate, the Numancia coach, is Leganés preferred alternative if Pellegrino does not accept the post. Either way, the club want to appoint a replacement for Garitano this week in order to be able to proceed with player recruitment.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash