Asier Garitano takes over as Real Sociedad coach
The former Leganés coach moves north to the Basque Country for his next managerial challenge. He signs a three-year contract in San Sebastián.
Real Sociedad confirmed on Thursday that Asier Garitano will take over as the club’s head coach for the next three seasons.
Garitano arrives after Leganés miracles
Garitano, 48, arrives in San Sebastián after guiding Leganés from the Segunda B to LaLiga in just three seasons, before then keeping Los Pepineros in the top flight.
Leganés offered him a improved contract to stay at Butarque, but Garitano felt it was the right moment to begin the next stage of his career.
Real Sociedad sacked Eusebio Sacristán in March and Imanol Alguacil has been in interim charge since then. Leganés, meanwhile, have not yet filled the managerial vacancy, but they held talks with former-Southampton coach Mauricio Pellegrino on Thursday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series