Olympique Lyon star Fekir denies being close to Liverpool switch
Reported Liverpool target Nabil Fekir says "several clubs" are interested in prising him away from Lyon as he prepares for the World Cup.
Nabil Fekir has refuted suggestions he is on the verge of joining Liverpool, with the Olympique Lyon forward insisting he will take time to plot his next move. Fekir scored 18 goals and supplied eight assists in a superb 2017-18 Ligue 1 campaign as Bruno Genesio's side secured qualification for the Champions League. It earned him a call-up to Didier Deschamps' France World Cup squad and the 24-year-old is aware he is a man in demand.
Fekir in talks with several clubs
"I'm not close to Liverpool," Fekir told Téléfoot, having been touted in some quarters as an attacker to fill the void left at Anfield by Philippe Coutinho's January departure to Barcelona. "It's true that there are discussions with several clubs. I will take the time to think. It does not matter if I sign or not before the World Cup. As I said, I leave time to do things."
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas acknowledged interest in Fekir during an interview with L'Équipe this week, but insisted no formal offers have been made at this stage. "He [Aulas] knows my desires, and we'll talk about all of this in the next few days," added Fekir.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries