Napoli captain Marek Hamsik considering China offer
Carlo Ancelotti could be facing an early headache as San Paolo boss with the Slovakian midfielder weighing up a move to the CSL.
Marek Hamsik is considering a move to China as he weighs up whether to end an 11-year stay at Napoli.
Shandong Luneng are reportedly interested in the dynamic midfielder and Hamsik, 30, confirmed an offer was on the table.
The club captain's departure would come as a blow to Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti, who this week was installed as Maurizio Sarri's successor.
Though he stressed no decision had been made, Hamsik has discussed the opportunity with his new head coach.
🎙 Hamsik's father: "Marek has already spoken to the President, and asked to be allowed to leave. Now it's his agents turn. He still has a 3-year contract, so it all depends on his agents and his employer. I see it as being 60-40 in favour of his departure to China". pic.twitter.com/KjBpcqm4ge— Everything Napoli (@NaplesAndNapoli) 22 May 2018
"I'm a Napoli player for now. I talked to Ancelotti on the phone and I admit I'm tempted by the transfer," Hamsik told Slovakia's Sport24.
"I have only been to China once, for the Supercoppa match [against Juventus in 2012], but in life you have to try everything.
"For now I just want to be with my family, then we'll see."
Hamsik appeared in every Serie A match for Napoli this season as they finished four points behind champions Juventus.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7