Aspas: "Morata? Götze scored the winning goal and he's not going"
The Spanish striker spoke about Alvaro Morata's absence and where his club future lies but he says he is focusing on the World Cup and nothing beyond that.
Iago Aspas spoke ahead of the World Cup after being named in Julen Lopetegui's squad for the finals in Russia this summer.
Role at the World Cup: "I haven't spoken with Lopetegui yet. Last year and a half, he used me in different positions. Where I enjoy playing more is in the on the field. I like to play on the wing as a nine."
Speaking with Morata: "I spoke with him but it's a decision that the manager took. There are lots of really good players left out. We have to remember Götze, who scored the goal in the final of the World Cup and he isn't going. If you have a bad year there are other players that are better and have to go."
Future: "I don't know. I always say that you never know what's going to happen. I am focused on the natioanl team and I will have time to think about my club. I hope that it goes as well as possible with Spain."
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher