Nigeria World Cup jersey sells out after just three minutes
The Nike-designed jersey had a record three million pre-orders long before it went on sale and it sold out after just three minutes with the World Cup closing in.
Nigeria's World Cup kit had plenty of people talking before it was released on June 1st with a couple of weeks to tournament's first game. There was a record three million pre-orders for the stylish and unique jersey and it sold out after three minutes when it eventually did go on sale. It is no longer available on Nike's official website.
There were rumours that counterfeit jerseys were being sold that would undermine the release date sales for the jersey but that was clearly not the case. NFF Vice President Shehu Dikko told KweséESPN that "it is the best selling kit due to uniqueness" and the appetite for the jersey has been obvious in Nigeria and online with queues down the road in the Nike shop in Nigeria.
Nigeria recently played DR Congo and drew 1-1 have Iceland, Argentina and Croatia in their group. Nigerians, and those who have adopted the country as their second team, will be hopeful that they can get a little extra wear out of the jerseys by making it to the knock-out stages.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms