Valencia to pass up on Luciano Vietto purchase option
Los Che had until June 15 to make the Atlético forward's loan move permanent for 15 million euros but he will return to the Metropolitano instead.
Valencia have informed Luciano Vietto that they will not be exercising their purchase option to make the Argentinean forward’s loan arrangement permanent.
Vietto, 24, joined the Mestalla outfit on loan from Atlético in January and scored five times for Los Che, including a hat-trick against Las Palmas in the Copa del Rey. Valencia had until June 15 to make sign Vietto on a permanent deal for a fee of 15 million euros but Marcelino has decided against the option.
Vietto could form part of Rodrigo deal
Vietto will therefore be back on Atético’s books as of that date and Diego Simeone will have to decide whether to make the player available for a permanent transfer or seek another loan move. If the Atlético boss chooses that option, Valencia are interested in taking the forward for another season and he could become a makeweight in any deal Simeone proposes to bring Spain striker Rodrigo Moreno to the Metropolitano over the summer.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?