Virat Kohli: Forbes names India captain highest-paid cricketer
The India skipper is the only cricketer to be featured on the annual list of the world’s highest-paid athletes.
Indian right-handed batsman Virat Kohli is among the world’s highest-paid athletes, according to the annual Forbes list of the 100 best-paid sportsmen published today.
Ranked 83rd with earnings of USD 24 million, Kohli is the only cricketer on the list.
He is also the only Indian sportsperson to be featured by Forbes.
North American boxer Floyd Mayweather, aka ‘Money’, comes top with income of USD 285 million.
Indian captain Virat Kohli is the only cricketer to feature in Forbes' list of 100 highest-paid athletes for 2017-18. pic.twitter.com/OINWwomYZh— Cricbuzz (@cricbuzz) 6 June 2018
Kohli the sponsorship cricket master
According to Forbes, the Indian captain makes most of his money from sponsors like New Era, Tissot, Oakley, Uber, Puma, Audi and Pepsi.
Of his USD 24m earnings, 20m are estimated to be from endorsements, while the remaining 4m come from his salary.
On last year’s list, he was ranked 89th with estimated earnings of USD 22m.
Kohli is also one of the most popular athletes in the world, at least on social media, boasting more Twitter followers (over 25 million) than all but three active sports stars.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?