Piqué and Shakira's house in Barcelona robbed
The thieves took advantage of a storm in Barcelona on Wednesday night to avoid detection and they made off with expensive watches and jewelry.
Early Wednesday morning, Gerard Pique and Shakira's house in Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona) was robbed. The group of thieves stole valuables such as watches and jewelry having taken advantage of the fact that the house was empty.
Piqué's parents were alerted in the early morning of the robbery and Mossos, the Catalan police, responded. There was no violence involved in the raid and caused no damage to the house. Apparently the thieves took advantage of the storm that took place at dawn so as not to be heard. The police have opened an investigation to find the culprits.
The house was empty as Shakira is on tour in Europe and played a show in Cologne, Germany. Her partner, Piqué, took advantage of the day off from Spanish training to surprise his family.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August