Record: "Cristiano Ronaldo will leave Real Madrid"
According to the front page of the Portuguese paper, the Madrid forward has already made his "irreversible" decision. Italy, France or England remain the possible destinations.
Cristiano Ronaldo's Real Madrid future remains firmly up in the air. Doubts about his next move were cemented pitchside in the Champions League final, with the Portuguese striker announcing immediately after his side won their third straight final: "It's been great being at Real Madrid," adding "I'll speak in the next few days".
"Cristiano will leave"
Since the final in Kiev the stay-or-go rumours have been swirling, and the headline on the front page of today's Record took a firm step forward with: "Cristiano will leave Madrid". According to the Portuguese newspaper the decision has already been made and is now "irreversible".
The reasons for Ronaldo's potential exit all point to his relationship with Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez and his unfulfilled promises and "lack of recognition". Record also revealed that in the event of a move Ronaldo would stay in Europe: "Italy, France or England are the possible destinations," it claims.
Furthermore, Cristiano was far from happy after his agent Jorge Mendes met with the club on Wednesday this week, and, according to to Spanish TV football programme El Chiringuito, the meeting had left the Portuguese player pensive and unhappy about the club’s stance over his future.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?