Andrea Favilli completes Juventus return
Italy Under-21 striker Andrea Favilli has returned to Juventus, where he spent the 2015-16 season on loan, on a reported €7.5million deal from Ascoli.
Juventus have completed the signing of former loanee and Italy Under-21 international Andrea Favilli from Ascoli for an initial €7.5million. Having impressed at Livorno, Favilli spent the 2015-16 campaign on loan at Juve, making one first-team appearance against Frosinone as a replacement for Álvaro Morata. He also scored 22 goals for Juve's youth side during his season-long loan before returning to Livorno.
Great to be back
The 21-year-old was loaned to Ascoli in 2016 and made his move permanent 12 months later, Favilli netting five times in 12 Serie B appearances in 2017-18. He returns to Juve having signed a five-year contract with the Bianconeri that will see Ascoli receive a hefty initial payment, with €1.25m in add-ons should certain conditions be met before June 2021.
"This is the team that gave me a great opportunity a few years ago," said Favilli. "Coming home is always nice. Last season was a bit unlucky, but I worked hard and now I'm fine and I'm ready for the new season."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?