Record Cristiano Ronaldo: scores in four World Cups
The Portuguese striker bagged a hat-trick in the World Cup 18 Group B match in Sochi. He scored a penalty, a long range effort fumbled by De Gea and a superb free-kick.
Cristiano Ronaldo continues to set goal-scoring records. On Friday evening in the World Cup against Spain, a side he'd not scored against previously, he bagged a hat-trick, to go straight to the top of the Golden Boot charts at Russia 2018: he scored a penalty he won himself, saw his drive from distance fumbled into the net by De Gea and slotted home a fine free-kick to make it 3-3.
Cristiano Ronaldo makes it six
Cristiano has now scored six goals in the World Cup, and is level with Pelé (1958, 1962, 1966, 1970), Seeler (1958, 1962, 1966, 1970) and Klose (2006, 2010, 2014, 2018) having scored in four different World Cups. Cristiano scored in Germany 2006 against Iran, in 2010 against North Korea and in 2014 against Ghana.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?