After Griezmann, Atlético to improve Jan Oblak's contract
Atleti will review the goalkeeper's contract, giving him a pay rise and like with Griezmann, boost his buy-out to fee to 200 million euros.
After revising the terms and conditions in Antoine Griezmann's contract, Atlético have plans to improve Jan Oblak's contract. Enrique Cerezo and Miguel Ángel Gil will honour the promise they gave to Simeone that none of his key players would be leaving the club over the summer. That includes Oblak, who has been on the radar of several of Europes top clubs including Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool as well as a couple of Italian clubs. His buy-out clause, set at 100 million euros, from an economic point of view for many of the big earner side, it's an accessible fee for a player who many feel is the best keeper around.
Minimal changes to the squad
Talks between the goalkeeper's agents and the club started last seasion and the player is due to meet with Atlético officials on his return from his summer holidays to negociate his new contract. Oblak will be handed a wage increase and like Griezmann, his retention fee will be hiked to 200 million euros. Simeone's idea is to maintain the backbone of the side while Atleti hope to add another striker during the summer transfer window with Edinson Cavani one of the options being studied.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August