After Griezmann, Atlético to improve Jan Oblak's contract
Atleti will review the goalkeeper's contract, giving him a pay rise and like with Griezmann, boost his buy-out to fee to 200 million euros.
After revising the terms and conditions in Antoine Griezmann's contract, Atlético have plans to improve Jan Oblak's contract. Enrique Cerezo and Miguel Ángel Gil will honour the promise they gave to Simeone that none of his key players would be leaving the club over the summer. That includes Oblak, who has been on the radar of several of Europes top clubs including Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool as well as a couple of Italian clubs. His buy-out clause, set at 100 million euros, from an economic point of view for many of the big earner side, it's an accessible fee for a player who many feel is the best keeper around.
Minimal changes to the squad
Talks between the goalkeeper's agents and the club started last seasion and the player is due to meet with Atlético officials on his return from his summer holidays to negociate his new contract. Oblak will be handed a wage increase and like Griezmann, his retention fee will be hiked to 200 million euros. Simeone's idea is to maintain the backbone of the side while Atleti hope to add another striker during the summer transfer window with Edinson Cavani one of the options being studied.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team