Bild: Barcelona move to sign Gündogan to replace Iniesta
The German international, who was Pep Guardiola's first signing at Manchester City in 2016, is a prime target to fill Iniesta's boots, according to Bild.
Barcelona have moved to sign German international Ilkay Gündogan to fill the vacant midfield spot left by Andres Iniesta, according to German newspaper Bild.
Gündogan left Bayern Munich to join Manchester City in 2016 and was Pep Guardiola’s first signing at the club. His contract at City ends in 2020.
According to Bild, Barca have already been in contact with the player’s representatives, but this has yet to be confirmed by anyone on his side.
Gündogan is currently in Russia with the German national team, who are preparing for their World Cup opening game against Mexico on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth