Bild: Barcelona move to sign Gündogan to replace Iniesta
The German international, who was Pep Guardiola's first signing at Manchester City in 2016, is a prime target to fill Iniesta's boots, according to Bild.
Barcelona have moved to sign German international Ilkay Gündogan to fill the vacant midfield spot left by Andres Iniesta, according to German newspaper Bild.
Gündogan left Bayern Munich to join Manchester City in 2016 and was Pep Guardiola’s first signing at the club. His contract at City ends in 2020.
According to Bild, Barca have already been in contact with the player’s representatives, but this has yet to be confirmed by anyone on his side.
Gündogan is currently in Russia with the German national team, who are preparing for their World Cup opening game against Mexico on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness