Nabil Fekir could still join Liverpool this summer, says agent
Olympique Lyon captain Nabil Fekir could still join Liverpool this summer, according to his agent Jean-Pierre Bernes.
Nabil Fekir’s agent says the Olympique Lyon star could still join Liverpool this summer. The 24-year-old is currently on international duty with France at the World Cup, and came off the bench in the team's 2-1 win over Australia on Saturday. Before the tournament, Fekir's planned move to Anfield was foiled at the last minute. Lyon issued a statement to announce their captain would be staying, but there is still hope for Liverpool to land the attacker according to his agent Jean-Pierre Bernes.
New development in Fekir's future
"Well he didn’t sign because well... it is not over!" he told LCI. "This is not the end of the story. We now wait for what happens next."
Fekir had an impressive 2017-18 season in Ligue 1, finishing with 18 goals and eight assists from 30 appearances. It is thought a decision on Fekir’s future will be made when France’s World Cup campaign concludes.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In