WORLD CUP 2018
Iran’s Cheshmi ruled out of World Cup after training injury
Iran have suffered a huge blow ahead of Wednesday’s clash against Spain.
Iran defender Rouzbeh Cheshmi has been ruled out of the World Cup after he sustained a muscle injury during a training session, the Iranian Football Federation (FFIRI) announced on Monday.
The 24-year-old, who started on Iran’s opening 1-0 victory over Morocco last week, is expected to be on the sidelines for four weeks.
The defender will stay with the squad in Russia, but due to his injury, Iran’s coach Carlos Queiroz will have to call for a replacement.
Ramin Rezaeian, Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh or Karim Ansarifard are the main candidates to occupy Cheshmi’s position in the team.
Iran is set to face 2010 world champions Spain on Wednesday at the Kazan Arena.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history