Suspended Srna joins Serie A side Cagliari
After bringing a 15-year spell at Shakhtar Donetsk to an end, Darijo Srna - who is currently banned for doping - has signed for Cagliari.
Cagliari have confirmed the signing of former Croatia captain Darijo Srna, who is serving a suspension for doping.
The 36-year-old - Croatia's most capped player - has joined Cagliari having spent 15 years at Shakhtar Donetsk.
Srna last featured for the Ukrainian champions in September 2017 after he failed a drugs test last March.
But that has not stopped Cagliari making their move for the free agent.
The full-back, who was linked with Greek side PAOK in May, has signed a one-year contract with the Serie A club.
Srna was handed a 17-month suspension, backdated when he failed the test - and will be able to return to action in August for the 2018-19 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August