Juanfran Torres latest to renew contract with Atlético
The 33-year-old defender send extending his contract with Atlético "fills me with pride and happiness".
Juanfran Torres has renewed his contract with Atletico Madrid until June 2019, and will see out his ninth season at the club for whom he has made 325 appearances.
Juanfran joined Atlético Madrid in January 2011 as a winger but was converted into a full back by former coach Gregorio Manzano, a position in which he has remained under Diego Simeone. The Alicante man is now only two games away from joining the list of the 20 players with the most appearances for ‘Los Rojiblancos’. During his time at the club, the 33-year-old has won one LaLiga title, the Spanish Cup, two Europa Leagues, one European Supercup and one Spanish Supercup. He also has 22 caps for Spain, and was part of the European Championship-winning team in 2012.
Pride and happiness
“To continue one more year fills me with pride and happiness,” the player said at a press conference following his contract renewal.
"Renewing one more year with the team of my life fills me with enthusiasm. My commitment and loyalty to this club make my heart just think about being a ‘Rojiblanco’ player. I just can't wait for next season to start to continue giving the maximum in each match."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online