Rio bar offers free shots for every time Neymar hits the deck
The Sir Walter Pub in the Brazilian city has launched the promotion ahead of the Serbia game, with Neymar the most-fouled player in Russia.
The Sir Walter Pub in Rio de Janeiro has assured itself of a full house on Wednesday for Brazil’s final group game against Serbia by offering customers a free shot for every time Neymar hits the turf in the Otkritie Arena in Moscow.
Since announcing the offer, the bar has received a record number of reservation requests from fans eager to take advantage of the Brazil star’s fame for going to ground at the slightest invitation.
Neymar a popular target in Russia
However, the Sir Walter may find that the offer hits them in the pocket with Neymar currently the most-fouled player in the tournament in Russia after two games. In total, the PSG forward has been fouled 14 times, 10 of which came during Brazil’s opening game against Switzerland. No player had been fouled more times during a single World Cup game since England forward Alan Shearer, who was floored 11 times against Tunisia in the 1998 finals.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?