Willian: Barcelona "admit interest" in Chelsea, Brazil man
The radio programme 'El Partidazo de Cope' says Barça have acknowledged their interest in signing midfielder Willian Borges.
Barcelona continue to work on strengthening their squad for next season and, like all clubs, are keeping close tabs on the performances of the globe's top players at the 2018 World Cup.
Willian an apparent summer target for Barcelona
One of those potential targets is believed to be Brazil's Willian Borges, who has started all four games of the Canarinha's campaign in Russia so far.
The Cadena Cope radio programme 'El Partidazo de Cope' has today reported that the Blaugrana have admitted their interest in signing the Chelsea midfielder.
📻 Noticia @ESPORTSCOPE:— El Partidazo de COPE (@partidazocope) 3 July 2018
➡️ El FC Barcelona reconoce el interés por Willian. Desde Inglaterra (@SkySport) hablan de una oferta de 56 millones de euros por el extremo brasileño pic.twitter.com/L12Pq5rBS5
According to a report by Sky Sports in the UK, the LaLiga giants are ready to offer 56 million euros for the 29-year-old, who has also had spells at Corinthians, Shakhtar Donetsk and Anzhi Mahkachkala.
Willian plays part as Brazil seal quarter-final spot
Willian supplied the assist for Brazil's opening goal - scored by Neymar - as the five-time tournament winners beat Mexico 2-0 in the last 16 yesterday, setting up a quarter-final clash with Belgium on Friday.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?