Willian: Barcelona "admit interest" in Chelsea, Brazil man
The radio programme 'El Partidazo de Cope' says Barça have acknowledged their interest in signing midfielder Willian Borges.
Barcelona continue to work on strengthening their squad for next season and, like all clubs, are keeping close tabs on the performances of the globe's top players at the 2018 World Cup.
Willian an apparent summer target for Barcelona
One of those potential targets is believed to be Brazil's Willian Borges, who has started all four games of the Canarinha's campaign in Russia so far.
The Cadena Cope radio programme 'El Partidazo de Cope' has today reported that the Blaugrana have admitted their interest in signing the Chelsea midfielder.
📻 Noticia @ESPORTSCOPE:— El Partidazo de COPE (@partidazocope) 3 July 2018
➡️ El FC Barcelona reconoce el interés por Willian. Desde Inglaterra (@SkySport) hablan de una oferta de 56 millones de euros por el extremo brasileño pic.twitter.com/L12Pq5rBS5
According to a report by Sky Sports in the UK, the LaLiga giants are ready to offer 56 million euros for the 29-year-old, who has also had spells at Corinthians, Shakhtar Donetsk and Anzhi Mahkachkala.
Willian plays part as Brazil seal quarter-final spot
Willian supplied the assist for Brazil's opening goal - scored by Neymar - as the five-time tournament winners beat Mexico 2-0 in the last 16 yesterday, setting up a quarter-final clash with Belgium on Friday.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass