Napoli complete signing of likely Jorginho replacement Fabián
The Spain Under-21 international has agreed a five-year deal at the Stadio San Paolo, leaving boyhood club Real Betis.
Napoli have announced the signing of Spanish midfielder Fabián Ruiz from Real Betis after triggering his reported €30million release clause.
The move had been mooted for several weeks, with Napoli said to have identified Fabián as a primary target in the event of Jorginho leaving after impressing in his first full season in LaLiga.
Still just 22, Fabián forced his way into the first team last term, catching the eye with the ability to produce both creative and combative performances.
With Jorginho expected to join Manchester City, Fabián said in June that a move to Napoli was likely and both clubs confirmed the transfer had been completed on Thursday as he signed a five-year deal.
A Spain Under-21 international, Fabián has just one full season of top-flight football under his belt.
He played 34 times in LaLiga during the 2017-18 campaign, scoring three goals.
The Betis academy product joins Spanish compatriots Raúl Albiol and José Callejón in Naples.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play