Valencia seal deal for Atlético striker Kevin Gameiro
According to Cope Valencia, the Mestalla board will pay a fee of 15-20 million euros, with the France international signing a three-year contract.
Kevin Gameiro has agreed a deal to move from Atlético Madrid to Valencia this summer and has signed a contract running up to 2021 at the Mestalla.
According to a report from regional radio station Cope Valencia, the two clubs have agreed a fee of between 15 and 20 million euros for the 31-year-old, who joined Atlético in 2016 and scored 26 goals in 79 appearances under Diego Simeone.
Gameiro to replace Milan-bound Zaza at Mestalla
Mateu Alemany, Valencia's director general, said on Thursday that the two clubs had been in contact about the France international and it is expected he will be unveiled officially next week when his Atlético counterpart, Miguel Ángel Gil, returns from a business trip abroad to rubber-stamp the transfer.
Valencia have been sounding out Gameiro for some time with the Frenchman failing to nail down a regular spot at Atlético under Simeone. The former Sevilla striker will have more chances to shine next season under Marcelino with Simone Zaza on the verge of securing a return to Serie A at Milan.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness