Valencia seal deal for Atlético striker Kevin Gameiro
According to Cope Valencia, the Mestalla board will pay a fee of 15-20 million euros, with the France international signing a three-year contract.
Kevin Gameiro has agreed a deal to move from Atlético Madrid to Valencia this summer and has signed a contract running up to 2021 at the Mestalla.
According to a report from regional radio station Cope Valencia, the two clubs have agreed a fee of between 15 and 20 million euros for the 31-year-old, who joined Atlético in 2016 and scored 26 goals in 79 appearances under Diego Simeone.
Gameiro to replace Milan-bound Zaza at Mestalla
Mateu Alemany, Valencia's director general, said on Thursday that the two clubs had been in contact about the France international and it is expected he will be unveiled officially next week when his Atlético counterpart, Miguel Ángel Gil, returns from a business trip abroad to rubber-stamp the transfer.
Valencia have been sounding out Gameiro for some time with the Frenchman failing to nail down a regular spot at Atlético under Simeone. The former Sevilla striker will have more chances to shine next season under Marcelino with Simone Zaza on the verge of securing a return to Serie A at Milan.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"