Fabinho and Keita debut as Liverpool romp to 7-0 friendly win
Daniel Sturridge and Harry Wilson grabbed braces to overshadow Liverpool's star signings Fabinho and Naby Keita in a one-sided friendly.
Fabinho and Naby Keita were both handed debuts as Liverpool started pre-season with a routine 7-0 win over Chester on Saturday.
Klopp gets ball rolling with goal romp
Loris Karius, the target of widespread criticism for his role in last season's Champions League final defeat, also played 45 minutes in a match that saw Daniel Sturridge score twice.
Ineffective during a six-month loan spell at relegated West Brom last term, Sturridge began his campaign to impress Jurgen Klopp with a second-half brace at Swansway Chester Stadium.
Wales international Harry Wilson earlier stole the limelight by netting twice to give the visitors a two-goal lead at the break.
But there was to be no first goal for marquee signings Fabinho and Keita, who played a half each following their big-money arrivals from Monaco and RB Leipzig respectively.
Instead, it was left to James Milner, Ryan Kent and Danny Ings to join Sturridge on the scoresheet after half-time in the Reds' polished start to pre-season.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"